Public Legal Services Society at McGeorge School of Law recently honored members of the McGeorge School of Law community for their public service at an event fundraising for summer grants. PLSS is a student organization that helps law students pursue careers in public service.
In this video, six students discuss how the PLSS Summer Grant Program at McGeorge School of Law helped them pursue public interest jobs:
- Ilana Shoyket – United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- April La Torre – Office of the Public Defender in Hawai’i
- Alek Kocher – California Department of Water Resources
- Elizabeth Griswold – Sacramento County Office of the Public Defender
- Kirsten Weber – Humboldt County District Attorney’s Office
- Angela Fuentes – Sacramento County Office of the Public Defender